Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Meal Planner Is Working Out..

After posting a few weeks ago on our "Having Just Enough" writing about it and then reading your feedback has inspired me. I am now writing out our two week meal planner. It really makes life so much easier when you sit down and take time to think about what it is your doing. I had gotten in a bad habit of going into the store grabbing what looked good and thinking it would stretch out for two weeks. This past pay period I sat down and thought, Breakfast for two weeks? Then wrote out what I needed. I also did this with lunch and dinner. I cant tell you how nice it has been having all these delicious meals just waiting to be cooked with all the things I need... I also want to thank Maury for the food storage tip. I used to do that and got out of the habit. I have been making enough to freeze. How nice that is to just pull what is already made from the freezer and warm it up.

3 comments:

Mom of these kids said...

Well you are welcome!! It has helped me out a lot...b/c man, there are a lot of days it is hard to cook...and I hate to cook, so it is just as easy to cook double when I do cook. It has saved me a lot of money too! I also write out my meals for 2 weeks too...and you are right, it is nice to know you have what you need. I then make an announcement..."nobody can eat anything without my permission...I may need that for a meal I have planned!"

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

There is nothing like planning your meals - I am planning my winter list and I am going to STOCK UP cause I hate leaving the house in the winter.

Catherine Anne said...

Maury- I told the kids the same thing. LOL
Parisienne Farmgirl- I have been looking mare and more into stocking up.