Summers are sweet and the days are longer. Summer evenings give us a break from the scorching sun allowing the muggy night air to feel much cooler than it really is.
Fireflies float across the field as the sunset falls around them. There is a sense of energy that flows through summer nights.
An energy that sometimes pushes me to loading up the family for a drive down our backroad or a trip for late night drive through ice cream in our pj's.
A few nights ago it pushed us to prepare for our fall garden. The evening was filled with walking through fresh fluffy dirt, planting seeds and watering. Somehow the watering turned into a water fight and before it was over we all were wet. The gift of simplicity and family is such a blessing in my life. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanking the Lord for summer nights as this.









21 comments:
Blessed Adventures...
Aw.........fall! It is coming one of these days. Great shots.
There is something about the long summer evenings! Thanks for sharing a glimpse of yours.
Awesome pictures and love the scripture in Gen. on the picture there!
I am also enjoying these summer days, they seem to be going faster now....and it is sad to me.
we are also going to plant for the fall in a few weeks, good luck with everything!
Thank you Allen and Catherine for the simple pleasures you show my grandchildren. I am so blessed- Mom
Love the pictures and the scripture! You rock!
You know what I love best about you? You don't care about dirt! You don't care if the kids get muddy or wet or if their clothes are getting dirty. I think that's fantastic! It's part of being a kid!
Such gorgeous photos filled with life, blessings and love! xo m.
So very precious! Look at how they are growing!! Time sure does fly, doesn't it?
Thank you all for taking the time to say hello
My husband and I were just saying last night how we are so looking forward to fall. These are great pictures. I love seeing your family and how much y'all love one another written on your faces and lives. Hope you're having a good week.
beautifully written ~ lovely photos ~ precious memories!
Sweet pics...not a mention of Fall though yet. Makes my heart start to hurt!
Looks great. I miss DIRT! Here in Florida they call it dirt.. but it's really dirty sand.. LOL
I love you guys so much! Love how our families enjoy the same things. Love a simple life:)
Summer evening, one of my favorite times. Some of my fondest memories are of summmer evenings enjoying my family.
Beautiful pictures!
Thank you all for taking the time to post. It means so much
beautiful pics/post. I keep forgetting that i want to do that one day on my blog. I saw that in the winter someone had taken pretty pics and copied some meaningful scripture with it. I wanted to do that too but forgot. now you reminded me with your beautiful pics. so i can't wait to take some fitting simple pics and pair it with bible verses.
that was alot of fun,so many great time with you Love you Allen
Love you too so much
Love you too so much
Post a Comment