................Photo, taken by Elizabeth)
To end the summer with something special. The kids and I spent the day with some of our dear friends. My sisterly friend Elizabeth along with her two boys. When you are sent friendships that end up more like family, this is a wonderful blessing..
Starting the day off early, we hit the chicken market and bought 13 new baby chicks. I had to laugh while driving the chicks to the house, in a van full of kids yelling as the chicken poop dropped on the plastic bags beneath the cage. Next we washed up and set out for the farmers market. Mmmm` that delicous fresh food, grown just down the raod. Elizabeth and I can become giddy over something as this. Before leaving we shared a small box of peaches. The little ones had a wonderful time hanging from the shade trees looking like monkeys, as they made us smile.
Elizabeth and I have an ease about our relationship. We can have no words at all and other times pouring our heart out with tears. As I said a true blessing. When you have a friend that wants the best for you always, no matter what. This is something to treasure.
The rest of the day was spent picnicking and setting up in the children area at the local book store. What a treat sipping on our coffee, laughing at our children, reading books to them, and gabbing about all the topics we think to be interesting. To name a few gardening, naturals, cooking, and most of all 'Our Heavenly Father'.
We share such a special relationship that houses God as our number one. Doing our best to inspire each other to live as Godly wives and mothers. Thanking the Lord for my sisterly friend Elizabeth and her beautiful family we love so much.





16 comments:
baby chicks! how fun! my girls would really love that. sounds like a wonderful time with a wonderful friend. great way to end the summer!
Looks like a magical day! You're so right, there's nothing like the comfort of a dear friend to share our days with!
Blessings,
Jill
You and your friend are so lucky to have one another, its is such a joy to have someone so close to your heart. I miss my closest friend dearly but your post reminds me to make sure I stay at least phone connected with her while we journey apart, for now.
Thank you all for posting. Bec, Liz and I dont get see see eachother as much when school is in but yes we do try to make time even on the phone. True friends just pick up no matter how long it has been. Blessings
Such sweet photos of your day together.
Making memores, bonding friendships, joyful times...that's what it's all about!
{cute photos!!!}
Thank you Amanda!
I love that you have a chicken market where you can just stop by and pick up chickens? Who knew?? Sounds like a really wonderful day!
Love the sounds of your day on Wed. You are so great at articulating your thoughts. Thanks for sharing 8)
Are you trying to make me cry??? LOL! I love you too and am so blessed to have you as my sister. We have such a great time. Thank you for inspiring me to be the woman God wants me to be. Love you lots:)
It is such a blessing to have that type of friendship. I have that in my friend Amanda and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
So happy you too have this gift! Thank you all for posting my dear blogging friends!
What a perfect day to end the summer! What a post to inspire - to enjoy everything around us! To create celebration days is so important!
I love days like this too : )
Thank you all for posting
What a sweet sweet post! I love the way you write--so full of peace & joy in our Lord.
Thank you Elle Bee!!!!
Post a Comment