Saturday, March 5, 2011

Plicka and Sweet Pea are the Best of Friends~

As the mother of three I can plainly see each and every child is different. They all have their very own sayings, favorite toys, taste for food and interest. After thinking you have seen it all, the next child proves you wrong. 
Sweet Pea proved this to be full circle. I have never meet another child just like her. She is filled with kindness, cuddles, opinions, imagination and stories. Mainly stories that involve her (Plicka)  Flicka horse. 
Just look at her eyes in the photograph above. She is in love with her friend Plicka. IN LOVE I tell you. 
Her imagination has them riding through our house. Starting in the mornings throughout the afternoon and into the evening. She does not ride the toy horse in the picture. The horse she rides is imaginary. 
We find it completely ordinary as our toddler gallops in and out of all the rooms. She is singing Yaw Plicka Yaw. Lets go girl! Giddy up, Plicka. As we hear whoa. We then know they have stopped to take a break. This toddler obsession or love has gone so far that she calls her black shoes"the Plicka shoes".  As she also adds the name Plicka to anything else black in our house.
If we come to visit you for the day, please be ready to hear all about her and the love she has for Plicka. Here is an example we had while visiting  papaw a few Sundays ago. She asked him to stop talking and look at her face. Doing what he had been asked, she went on to tell her Plicka story for the hundredth time. 
 What do you all think of  the love she has for her horse.  Have you seen a love like this in your toddler as well? 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! My daughter loved her bun bun

Amanda said...

so sweet Catherine Anne.

So sweet.

Reminds me of my son at that age. I remember checking a book out at the library. "The Brave Cowboy" By Joan Anglund Walsh. Its about a little boy who uses his immagination all the same as your little sweet pea.

I ended up buying the book from Amazon for my sons 4th birhday because we checked it out so much.

He still loves for me to read it to him.

Great post:)

Edie Mindell said...

Oh, she is such a sweetie! I love her pictures. She's so pretty and cute, and just plain innocent. It's really amazing how a child's imaginations can do wonders in our home.:-)

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you all for posting.

Mom, ha ha!
I sure did love that bunny.

Amamnda, I will have to look into the book. I think it will go great in this house.

Anonymous said...

You take some of the most marvelous pictures. Dave

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you so much David. Made my Day~

Mama Teaching 3 said...

What utter sweetness! You are blessed. :)

Nicole said...

Sweet Pea reminds me a lot of my Lauren, they have similar personalities. She is such a sweet, thoughtful girl- I will always remember her birthday when with each gift her surprise "for me?" and then running and hugging everyone. You capture her personality so well in pictures, makes me smile. :)

Catherine Anne said...

Nicole! We miss you guys. Wish we lived closer. Thanks so much for the post today!