

The kids excitedly received a bulk of twenty chicks through 4-H

just last week. This is the number they come in. I didn't know how we would handle twenty, but we are going to try. Come fair season eight will be leaving our home. 4-H will sell them, making the money to buy more next spring. Two days after receiving our 4-H chicks there was a surprise waiting for us in the chicken coop. The surprise included our first ever hatched newborn chicks. One black and one yellow. Midnight and Sunrise. Both named by our children. So as I said many baby chicks on the homestead today. Watching our children laugh, cuddling and playing with them brings me such joy. There is really something about the responsibility gained in caring for a pet. I am so happy we have been able to provide that here for our children. Believe me there are days I wonder what we are doing with all these animals. Soon the joy and character gained reminds me. Happy spring to you and yours. (PS. The photograph below of our dog Gracie Lue is so funny. She loves to sit and watch the baby chick shadows through their tub. She sleeps there as well. We are starting to wonder if she thinks she is their protector.)







9 comments:
these pictures are simply adorable. :)
OMGOsh, they are soooo cute! Makes me smile 8)
These pictures are so sweet! My husband and I grew up participating in 4-H, and I cannot wait until our children are old enough to do so. You'll have no trouble telling Midnight from the rest of the gang, will you? Blessings on your chicken-raising adventures!
Thank you stopping in. I have missed you.
Wonderful photos Cahterine Anne!!!
You've done such a fine job of capturing some great memories. They are so fluffy and cute;)
I've briefly visited your other blog and love it!
Such a neat idea.
Take Care~
Squeal!!!!!!!!!
Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy. We have chicks too, they are only a couple of weeks old, but already they seem so big.
Oh I will have to go see if you have posted the chicks. Thanks for stopping in.
Was just stopping by via 'heart like water' I love the chicks, we are not animal people but baby chicks (if they stayed that way) would be very fun to have around. Have a blessed day.
Post a Comment