One day as I was cooking I started to think about how much I adore my apron. I bought it about six years ago while stopping by an older couples yard sale. When I saw it hanging there with the one dollar sticker on it, I knew it was just waiting just for me! The elderly lady selling it said she could not cook without one but after having a few extra she decided to add it in her sale. It makes you wonder the lives of all the women over the years that have cooked wearing an apron. For me I think of the many women living on farms baking their homemade bread and corralling the children through the kitchen Or the successful chiefs whipping up their creations. Wearing my apron almost makes me feel a part of this amazing group of women who lead much different lives but had one special thing in common and that is the love of cooking, baking and creating in the kitchen.
Friday, August 28, 2009
My Apron
One day as I was cooking I started to think about how much I adore my apron. I bought it about six years ago while stopping by an older couples yard sale. When I saw it hanging there with the one dollar sticker on it, I knew it was just waiting just for me! The elderly lady selling it said she could not cook without one but after having a few extra she decided to add it in her sale. It makes you wonder the lives of all the women over the years that have cooked wearing an apron. For me I think of the many women living on farms baking their homemade bread and corralling the children through the kitchen Or the successful chiefs whipping up their creations. Wearing my apron almost makes me feel a part of this amazing group of women who lead much different lives but had one special thing in common and that is the love of cooking, baking and creating in the kitchen.
Labels:
homestead,
My Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
love this! i have a post about my apron too lol -
http://singingntherain.blogspot.com/2009/05/4-generation-aprons.html
we should have a "traveling apron" all the woman who want to participate send in their addresses and we can pass an apron along - they can take a picture of themselves using the apron while baking/cooking and attach a recipe to their post then pass the apron along! how fun would that be?
I can't wait till I get my material to you and we make mine:) Love you
Jess, I LOVE this idea! Im all for it!
Liz, We need to do this soon. We have been talking about it for too long.
This is a cute pic of you- AT
Thank you :)))
Post a Comment