Once again I'm talking about simplicity~ A few weeks ago you may remember my stressful post on chili served in cups. Yes I feel a ton better but that still doesn't mean I bounced back 100%. The 100% of having it some what all together. I'm not near as tired as I was that week. The other day while in whole foods I picked up an adult multi vitamin.
Yesterday was the last straw of sitting in the chaos of laundry, summer clothes, winter clothes etc. I decided to do something about it. Waking up this morning I went along to my daily ritual. First drinking my coffee then off to shower, making breakfast and usually blogging while the kids have their morning free time. This last until 9 am. 9 being the the time we start class. What was so different about today had to do with my free time. I used it writing out list. To-do list, simplicity list. I'm a list person! I love them! List make me feel together. I'm guessing if I lose my thoughts I don't have to worry because they are scratched out on a piece of paper that I call my list. After this I started knocking things off the list. I starting with Sweet Peas closet clean out then I cleaned out the cabinets, refrigerator, caught up on dishes, burned yard trash, made a few meals and freezing them. I home schooled the kids, washed the winter clothes that came out of the shed, washed and hung cloth diapers on the line. My tub of winter clothes happen to get wet this year, I have no idea how but they were covered in mold. So that really stinks. Then I packed up some of the summer clothes, packing them extra well so that I don't have a bag full of molded summer clothing this spring. I moved Sweet Peas bed, making more space for her. Ending the night with a delicious dinner. We had homemade bread, carrots, noodles, beans and deer steaks smothered in gravy.
I just got the kids out of the tub and now need to tuck everyone in. They are running around playing before bedtime. Sweet pea just ran through without her pj's on. Yeap she took them off - again. Why is it so hard to keep clothes on two year olds? Really?
Oh yes I also came up with a healthy meal planner along with scheduled walking time for the family. We really need to live healthier lives.
Let be also say good-bye with something funny. A boy from down the road that loves animals wanted to trade the kids a rooster for one of our rabbits. This rabbit has not been getting along with all the other rabbits. This boy walks up with a chicken cage and what I thought to be a rooster. We then loaded the rabbit in a carrier. The boy asked if I would give him a ride down to his house, he lives about a mile away. Not having a truck to put the cage in, we all get on the 4 wheeler. I hooked the cage on the front and the kids with me. Can you see us??? Rabbit on the front, me in my long skirt, slip on boots and a t-shirt hanging on to Sweet pea and Sunshine in front of me and the boys on the back seat. I'm slowly slowly moving along to his house all of 3 miles per hour being as safe as possible. "Note we live out in the sticks with no real streets." We get there and I am welcomed by a huge huge husky dog the kind of dog I am completely uncomfortable around. " another note. I was attacked by a dog when I was 12 leaving me with 50 staples in my head" After all this is done and the kids take their dad out to welcome our new rooster....... Guess what he is not a rooster after all, just a younger hen. Oh my what a day! Well that's life in the country Id say.
Thank you Lord for my sometime silly but always wonderfully gifted Life~

16 comments:
clotheslines make me happy~
Thank you for your kind words on my blog today :)
Too cute about the "rooster!" Poor little kid! :o) I had rabbits when I was a child. . . Miss them at times. . .
Wow, girl, you have been busy! Every time I work hard at getting one room "done", the rest of the house turns into a disaster. I've given up {for now} and am just focusing on the basics!
I need to live a simplier life, I think that is my new goal :)
Love your comments and yay for you Kristen!!!
Yes, lists are great. My head feels as if it will pop at times with all the things I have to do. Lists give some hope that I will get through it somehow! xx
Cute story about the little boy!
It sounds like you accomplished a lot! Good for you!
Cari
www.lifewithcoffee.wordpress.com
You got so much done today. Sorry about the mold yuck. Great story. That was too funny.
Sounds like you got your groove back. Don't burn out in one day!
Glad you're feeling better:) You really did get a lot done. Do you still want me to come over Friday and help with switching rooms? Let me know. Love you.
Thanks for the comment! Your pictures here are amazing! I need to work on my photography skills ;) Precious kids!
I too, live by the list! Something about writing things down and then checking them off makes you realize just what all you accomplished in a day!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Thanks you so much gals for my sweet comments. Im off now to make more list!
Just found your blog and had to comment. I am absolutely inspired by how much you got done in one day! Must get off this computer and back to the real world:)
Funny rooster story lol. I love your blog and I am so happy you came by to visit mine.
Love that first photo. Looks so breezy and cool.
Haha, too bad about the (not) rooster! Maybe you needed another hen?? :o)
elle
Post a Comment