All the children are tucked in bed, even Allen. It's just me in this calm silent house unwinding from our day. Shall I say weekend. It's been a full but fun one. Finding out Friday my in-laws were giving us tickets for saturdays collage football game, we were ecstatic. They reserve season tickets and were unable to use them. My mother in-law kept Sweet Pea and we took the older two children with us. It was a great game. We even won!
This morning having our nieces first birthday party we set our alarm for 6 am. They live about 3 hours away and the party started at noon. The kids did pretty good. Sweet pea was more then ready to get out of her seat as we pulled into town. The party was fun. She had a beautiful cake with all the fixings... It really was a picture perfect birthday party.
Sunshine girl was doing her best to mother the little ones. Sadly she dropped our niece out of the chair. The baby was fine after a moment. Poor Sunshine was broken hearted. It crushed me to see her this upset. It's such a hard thing to go through. I remember being little feeling so bad when I had made a mistake. I never want my children to feel bad for something they didn't mean to do. I was so emotional I even shed a few tears over it quietly. Other than this the party was great. I enjoyed spending time with our niece and talking with family.
This morning having our nieces first birthday party we set our alarm for 6 am. They live about 3 hours away and the party started at noon. The kids did pretty good. Sweet pea was more then ready to get out of her seat as we pulled into town. The party was fun. She had a beautiful cake with all the fixings... It really was a picture perfect birthday party.
Sunshine girl was doing her best to mother the little ones. Sadly she dropped our niece out of the chair. The baby was fine after a moment. Poor Sunshine was broken hearted. It crushed me to see her this upset. It's such a hard thing to go through. I remember being little feeling so bad when I had made a mistake. I never want my children to feel bad for something they didn't mean to do. I was so emotional I even shed a few tears over it quietly. Other than this the party was great. I enjoyed spending time with our niece and talking with family.


14 comments:
Oh, poor thing! I can imagine how terrible she felt, and especially even more when it's in front of other people. I think us moms can relate when something unexpected like that happens.
I do love her little cake. It looks to pretty to touch!
And, what a blessing about your relationship with your sister in-laws. I'm sure it was hard for them to "cut the cord."
Sounds like a wonderful weekend...sorry for the heartbreak for both you and your daughter. You do good building up your kids that it will soon be a forgotten memory in her mind.
Glad too for the relationship with your sister-inlaws. My husband was the same way...only boy in the middle of two sisters. I get along wonderful with one, but the other still holds onto the fact that I came between her and her brother. It's hard but all I can do is try my best by her.
So glad ya'll had a good time. We need to catch up...give me a call soon. Love you.
Great to see you all had such a great loving weekend.
I always wanted a sister too growing up. I have a cousin that is like a sister...sure makes a difference having someone like that around. Beautiful pictures. So glad everyone had a nice time.
Isn't it true that you marry the family? I am thankful for you that there is a growing, loving relationship with you and Allen's sisters. That is certainly a prayer of mine for all of my children.
Blessings~
Kathy
Im happy you all have grown closer too. I love you and love that my family loves you too. Allen
Happy birthday to the birthday girl! I'm glad you had a good time. That cake is so cute.
Oh isn't it hard when they don't understand why the gifts aren't for them? thankfully, my girls seem to be getting out of that stage. :) parties are fun though! Your pictures are beautiful... thanks for visiting our blog today!
Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!
Thank you all for stopping in and thank you for following us to our new followers.
Sounds like a wonderful time except for the heartbeak. I am sorry, especially for a child that is trying to do their very best. I am sure you were there to comfort your sweet princess.
Since you live three hours away, it makes your visits that much sweeter.
I wish I had sisters, too...
I am loving that cake! So cute!
Post a Comment