We usually try our best to make a few Christmas gifts each year. They are made with love, they are more personal and time spent together laughing/talking while creating these gifts. Last year the kids illustrated a monthly calender and cookbooks for their grandparents. They are adorable. We have made homemade bread, homemade soaps, throws, baby slings, baby doll bunk beds, storage trunk, a remodeled trick bike for our son, relaxing eye bean bags, gifts of photography and much more.
This year Allen is building Sweet Pea a wooden Kitchen just her size. I have two design ideas I found on Nova Natural toys + crafts. Which one is your pick?
Above are a few food items I made to go along with her gift. They are stuffed fleece food pieces. I also plan on making her an apron, pot holders and napkins...
What do you think....
Tell me your homemade gift ideas~
This year Allen is building Sweet Pea a wooden Kitchen just her size. I have two design ideas I found on Nova Natural toys + crafts. Which one is your pick?
Above are a few food items I made to go along with her gift. They are stuffed fleece food pieces. I also plan on making her an apron, pot holders and napkins...
What do you think....
Tell me your homemade gift ideas~



23 comments:
Cute! I wish we could do stuff like that... someday maybe.
Very Cute! I wish too! I love your blog!
Those little kitchens are so cute. You are fortunate to have someone who can make them for you.
Oh my gosh what a great idea, wow he did a great job making the kitchen it looks incredible, and all the play food sounds really neat, I never thought of that with my girls, I went to Toysrus and spent a fortune on their play food for their kitchens, this is great.
Blessings
?´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´??¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´? Heidi ?)
You are so full of great ideas! I think both kitchens are great. The one with the fabric is more colorful. The homemade food looks fun, too.
I have it in my mind to make homemade aprons and maybe pillows for next year. First, I have to practice and get good at it.
I love that idea. there are many pottery barn type things that I have looked at and thought, I could make that! I could make a kitchen too and have thought of it but we don't have the space right now even for a store bought one...lol but I love the felt food idea. that is awesome. you could probably sell those on ebay/etsy or something like that.
What great gifts that probably not only last longer than the ones in the store but mean more now that they are homemade. Beautiful ideas!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
I would have loved a play kitchen like that when I was little. I'm sure that your daughter will love it, and will probably remember it for years to come.
I always remember the Christmas that my Dad made me a wooden dolls house!
I get the nova catalog and I love both of these kitchens. I would have too say I favor the one with the colorful curtain a bit. But they are both awesome. I am making some felt foods for Christmas as well :)
You are so creative. The most we make around here so far is baked goods and scrapbook stuff. Taylor is almost at the age where she can start this stuff, very exciting.
I like the right side kitchen but they are both so cute!
I love both of them...and the food pieces are too cute...I love you! We're leaving for Dallas in the morning...please pray for a safe trip...Have a good weekend:)
Thank you all for your sweet post! Liz, I will be praying for you!
Cute ideas. I think I like the top one better. Love the felt veggies! I'm going to give away homemade chocolate bars and cheese this year. I agree, that homemade gifts are the best!
I LOVE!! makig felt veggies!! and bread.....found some awesome pdf files for cheap! on ETSY....
how cool is that? felt food......
forget plastic man........
To cute. I love the one with the doors I think. Super cute. That food is amazing. Your aprons are always adorable. She is going to love all of these presents.
I love how crafty you are!
I think I'd chose the 1st kitchen. Both are so cute though.
Thanks agian to you all for posting!
Thanks agian to you all for posting!
How cute and creative. I like the fabric curtain style- addds more color and easier access. Your kids are lucky~
What wonderful ideas for homeade Christmas presents. LOVE them!
Thank you both!!!
I love your homemade food. My girls would love doing this. I really should just let them give it a try and let them keep their work. Maybe a good post-Christmas project.
Cathy
what wonderful ideas! I think she will love having doors to open and close like mommy. However, the one with the curtain is so cheerful looking.
Post a Comment