Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet pea in hair braids~

I feel as if I was just kissing her tiny bald head as she was curled up in the sling laying against my chest. I view these photographs and I am amazed at just how fast the times seems to roll past. My baby girl in her hair braids! Oh and she loved them too. You should have seen her smiling at her reflection in the mirror. Mumbling "Like Sissy"~ Thank you Lord for this time in my life...

29 comments:

Jenilee said...

She looks so sweet! :) it does fly by though, doesn't it? I'm learning to really enjoy every moment.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Little girls with braids--nothing better! She is adorable!

Andrea said...

Totally adorable!!

Hugs,
andrea

PS: Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.

christschild said...

She's so beautiful. I can just hear her sweet little voice. Call me...miss you so much.
Love you.

Jeremi said...

She is so beautiful.
: )

Taylor said...

Adorable! I can't wait to get Taylor's hair in braids.

StoicBirth said...

oh I think my ovaries just twitched for a girl!!! Sweetness!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable!

Regan Family Farm said...

I love every age so far, but I hate the way time is passing so fast. You're always such an encouragement when it comes to really enjoying your children!
Blessings, friend
Kathy

Elle Bee said...

What a sweet sweet face!! Love that cupcake top too.

Nadja said...

It has been nearly 10 years since I put tiny braids on a head, and I am soooo looking forward to it again!

Natalie said...

What a sweet little pea! Those are some cute braids! Quite the milestone indeed. Blessings to you and your sweet family! Time indeed passes too quickly!

Unknown said...

So cute! :)

Juanita said...

Very pretty indeed - like Heidi (from the story books) :-)

Tobi said...

Precious, Cute, Darling...she's all that and more!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how precious! My girls are "all grown up" at 7 and 11 and refuse to let me make their hair "babyish". Shoot, I still put MY hair in braids!
She's gorgeous, mama.

kim said...

she's so cute

tracie @ {tsj} photography said...

ohmyword ... how sweet!! isn't it crazy how those "moments" sort of slap you in the face and you realize how they're growing?

i say let's keep 'em little for as long as we can! ;)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet girl and those little braids are adorable.

christy rose said...

She is adorable! I love it when my girls where braids too. Even my teenagers look adorable in braids. :)

Unknown said...

How adorable!! They get big soo fast I can't believe my little girl is 3.. It feels like just yesterday I brought her home..♥

Kathy Campbell said...

So gorgeous!

Just Jenn said...

I remember those sweet sweet days! There is so much to be enjoyed at each stage... and so much to miss when they exit it! (and of course things you are glad have finally passed! ;) Precious photos!
Just Jenn~

T.J. said...

That's true- you can almost mark time on little girl's by how their hair grows :) The pictures are just heartwarming (and bittersweet too!)

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you all so much~

S. Etole said...

what a little cutie ...

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

She is so stinkin' cute in braids! Love 'em. My toddler's hair was just getting long enough to put in pig tails but I decided to cut it because it was getting really scraggly because her hair was coming in so unevenly. Looks a lot better now, but no braids ;( Awwwhhh, patience. Enjoy your braids!

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you! I understand. My Sweet peas big sis has to still keep her hair short due to scraggly hair. We have little braids in hers~ :)