
Today we are ending the' not back to school blog hop'
Day In The Life.



6pm Dinner time................................................................ Outdoor chores, feeding the animals, watering the garden etc. Following this is bath time, family rosary and bed time... I then lay out our next days educational to-dos.
In The Life Of Electric Schooling.
Our electric homeschooling days are still filled with educational learning. Just a change of events. This creates a refresher for us all. We could be outside on a nice day or at a park exploring . Some electric days we stay in our pjs until noon. Schooling on a blanket in the living room floor. Express yourself and enjoy! Adding so much fun and ease to learning.




Prayers to a blessed day in the life for all of you ~ Catherine
To see my past blog hop post from
Heart Of The Matter click on the photos buttons below.


Day In The Life. Day in the life for us is somewhat structured as well as electric.
With that I'm going to give you two examples of our Day In The Life. Majority of the time I start my day about an hour to two hours before the kids wake. During this time I drink my coffee, say my morning prayers and hop online. (Receiving my fuel for the day) Around 7am Little man wakes to me making breakfast. Not too far behind him the others follow. Breakfast is a biggy in this house. As my mother would say "Its our brain food for learning". At this time I go ahead and get dress while the kids eat their breakfast. We then check for eggs at the chicken coop, feed the animals and gather goods from the garden.
8:30 or 9am school starts .................
Little Man leads us in morning prayer. We then go around the table adding our own intentions. Everyday we cover handwriting, reading, spelling, journals, grammar, phonics, vocabulary and math. I encourage them to choose what study they want to start with.. To ease the pressure we ask them to do what they can on each page. When they are done, I go over it to see if I feel it's enough for the day or not. Some days I find them going ahead doing two to three pages more. This gives them the security of structure along with the self-esteem to know we trust them to make the right decision. Reliving the pressure does so much for their "want" to learn. Sweet Pea, is busy with her toddler ways along with me maintaining them. This year she is starting 'Toddler School' .
To know more about that, I have added a post below. 11:30 or 12 Lunch Time ................................
Following lunch is free time in or outdoor. After lunch we tie up loose ends and start our group study. This can be science, history, health, geography, holy days, faith, music, art, celebrations etc. We read and visit about our topic followed with a hands on project. After group study it's time to clean up our area and enjoy the rest of the day.



6pm Dinner time................................................................ Outdoor chores, feeding the animals, watering the garden etc. Following this is bath time, family rosary and bed time... I then lay out our next days educational to-dos.
In The Life Of Electric Schooling.
Our electric homeschooling days are still filled with educational learning. Just a change of events. This creates a refresher for us all. We could be outside on a nice day or at a park exploring . Some electric days we stay in our pjs until noon. Schooling on a blanket in the living room floor. Express yourself and enjoy! Adding so much fun and ease to learning.




Prayers to a blessed day in the life for all of you ~ Catherine
To see my past blog hop post from
Heart Of The Matter click on the photos buttons below.



18 comments:
great post Catherine Anne! Sounds like you have a full but blessed day with your children. So sweet for you to share with us!
ewrewr
Sounds like a beautiful day to me! I see you're an early riser too ;) We are truly blessed to be able to have so much time with our children-even on the days that aren't so neat and tidy. And I have plenty of those!
sounds like you have great days planned for your kids! I usually let Elayna choose her first subject for the day too. Sometimes she'll pick the one she wants to be done with so she can end with the fun ones. :)
Yes, best of luck to you guys!!
This sounds wonderful! What great memories you are creating for your children, and an awesome environment to learn in. Wish you a very successful year!
Blessings,
Jill
I hear you... Letting our girls choose which subject to do next creates more motivation to get it done, more-so than if I'd picked. Smart. ;)
I was so excited to read this post, Catherine!! I think what you're doing with your children is just awesome : ) Thank you so much for sharing ......
Catherine I think you are doing a Fabulous job. Teaching and being a Mom seems to be your calling in life.
Thank you so much Waynette!!!
You are a WONDERFUL mother, wife, teacher, and Sister-in-law! I love you very much and don't care if you spell a few things wrong or have a few run on sentences! :) I love you and your beautiful children and hubby soooo much!! You are a wonderful blessing in my life! <3 Bre
I think you are a WONDERFUL mother, wife, teacher, and Sister! I love you and your beautiful kiddos and don't care if you spell a few things wrong and I don't even mind reading all your run on sentences (hehe). You are a true blessing in my life!! I love you VERY much! <3 Bre
Your kids always look so easy going and content in your photos... even the "learning" photos!! =) Huge blessing!!! You are doing a fantastic job!! My little girl read that series of books your son is reading in the pic!! Magic Tree House... I can't wait to see my little man read them! Have your kids read Nate the Great?? LOVE those!! He is one of my personal favs!! =)
Bre,Thank you so much. You are such a blessing to me as well! Just posting that you are a blesiing and how much I love you does not say enough. I really have no words to show just how much I love you. Thanking the Lord for my little sister!
No, I have not looked into Nate the Great. Ill have to do that soon. Thank you all so much for posting.
I love the picture of the kids at the picnic table outside--the sky is so gorgeous! Wonderful capture.
It is such a reassurance and help to read about your homeschooling days. My oldest is only preschool so we haven't truly started a structured curiculum yet, but I have some anxiety about the coming years. I learn a lot from how you do things. Thank you for sharing it!
Thank you Elle Bee
Post a Comment