Monday, February 21, 2011

NEW bedrooms!!!

We have been very busy. What do you think?
 Last minute to-dos will be adding baseboard and rugs.
The Girl's Room
Me being the not so girly girl loved the idea of little critters as their decor. 
We lined the nature in PINK~
 They asked for a tree in their room and they got it. The tree turned out just OK. I gave it my best and had fun doing it. Book nooks are a must around here. I fit one at the end of their bed with stools, pillows and a small bookshelf filled with their favorite books. Allen built their bed and corner desk. I'm not crazy about the tall bookshelf next to the dresser. I enjoy space. We are thinking of a bookshelf on the wall? Until then we will do this. Oh and I love the idea of no closet doors. Fabric is much more spacious.
COST
Paint-$20 (Sale)
Curtains-$35 (I know I could of saved if I would have made them on my own. Having sewing machine issues)
Bedding-$15 ( Both girls bedding. What a deal, Second hand store)
Desk-$0 (Wood we had in the shed.)
Bed-$80 ( Purchased the wood. Allen built it about two years ago)
Dresser-$35 (Second hand furniture store. Solid wood. Purchased it about a year ago)
Wall decor-$8 ( four frames)
$12 on the stickers ( Got tired of painting. Saw the critters and loved them.)
Previously own the other.
Just over $200.
 Recent cost- around $100
Not too bad.
Little Man's Room (  long overdue.)
 I have always wanted more space for him. The tiny room he has been sleeping in is really just too small. It was perfect as a nursery, but the boy is now ten. Our answer....... a loft bed.
Allen created it and it's wonderful. Little Man even has space for his instruments, a book nook, a chest for all his farming toys and an art corner. Allen built an armoire into the bed. He has all he needs in one piece of furniture. 
Even better with Little Man not needing his closet we enclosed it and made us a hallway closet.
We all LOVE it. It makes me happy to see him with his own space.
COST
Paint $10 (Sale)
Beanbag $20
Frame $8
Two Lamps $20 (both)
Bed $0 ( previously owed wood in the shed. Allen built.)
Armoire $0 ( hand me down)
Around $60... Now that was awesome.

20 comments:

Leslie said...

they must have been so excited to have new rooms....i love it when it all comes together and it is finished. what a good feeling

Lecia said...

Those rooms are adorable! We painted Hope's room yellow also, I love it. So bright and sunny!

Erin said...

Love the idea of a loft bed.. It is something I am thinking about for my little girls room.. either a loft bed or a day bed or sharing a room with her sister.. wow decisions.. Love how each room turned out :)

Amanda said...

very very neat!
I love all the colors you have chosen. Your children I'm sure arise and call you blessed:)

Diana Ferguson said...

Awesome, girl!!!!

Elle Bee said...

Wonderful!! I love both rooms. The girls' room is so fresh and bright. I love the colors and the tree is fantastic!! Little Man's room has such creative use of space--awesome!

Marla Grace said...

wow they came out great! Love love the girls room. Love the drum on wall in the boy room!Great job!

Mom of 7 said...

Their rooms look great!!! Love them!

sevencherubs said...

just found your blog and I love it! great work on the bedrooms...look forward to dropping by some more. Naomi x

Anonymous said...

Amazing!! They are so cute and so perfect for your creative little people! I wish I had more time to bargain shop... it's much more fun to find something old/worn out and make it new again!

Standinginhislight said...

All that beauty, skill, woodworking... so amazing to me. simply fabulous.
When my kids finally get rooms again I will call you for a consult! ;^)
~Sheri

Juanita said...

Those are some very lovely rooms! Nicely done :-)

Unknown said...

The rooms look great!!

Jeremi said...

you guys certainly have been busy! both rooms look great --- how wonderful your husband is a word worker! the loft is fantastic ..... and the book nooks too!

Catherine Anne said...

THANK YOU ALL~

christschild said...

Both rooms look totally awesome!

Unknown said...

love what you have done...they are lovely rooms in deed filled with lot's of creativity see...Hugs,Mica

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you both!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love the loft bed. :)

Now, come visit me! :) We could have a decorating part together.

Catherine Anne said...

Would love that!