Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Green Grass between our toes~

The sun is shinning with temps in the 70s. I have to remind myself that we are still in February. Never do I remember the warmth moving in this early. I'm not complaining. The sunny blue sky is always welcome.
Sunday afternoon no one had a fever. Only a few runny noses and cough.
With this the kids and I excitedly set out to pick up our garden seeds. 
On the ride home I so enjoyed the warm wind as it made its way through our van, upon our face and swirling through our hair.
YES, it felt as if spring was approaching. You must know that refreshing feeling the first time the warm spring winds hit your face. Not only was the wind hitting us, it was rolling  the green grass that lined the ditches on each side of the road.
Green grass in February?  After road construction our ditches have freshly planted seeds.
 With the snow followed by the sun and warm temps those seeds have developed into beautiful green grass.
Missing the feeling of it between my toes, I was forced to pull over.
Pulling off the road I hear " MOM, what are we doing?" 
I simply answer "Feeling the grass on our feet. Kick off your shoes and come on."
 Little Man was the first one out the door, Sweet Pea was filled with giggles and Sunshine said "Mom, we are weird! But, it's fun."
Maybe we are weird. Maybe we do things others would never have the time or interest in. All I know is that the Little Things, they are the things that bring me JOY. They allow me to feel grounded, content and happy. They are the memories we remember clearly. As they are also the task that most connect us. So go enjoy the simple treasures that bring YOU joy. Even if they make you appear as Sunshine said, weird. Thanking the Lord for the Little Things.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yes, I'm right along with you with being weird:)

Regan Family Farm said...

Love it!!! And must confess, with the wind blowing and holding on at 14 degrees here, I'm a bit jealous!!! So glad to touch base~
Kathy

Jill said...

Great post! I so agree with you! We have to take time to enjoy these moments...however I am still waiting for our warm weather!

Blessings,
Jill

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous of the warm weather...An early spring hasn't hit here yet.

I think you are a great mom teaching your kids to enjoy and appreciate the simple things like the grass between our toes.

Catherine Anne said...

Thanks, Happy to know you all are taking time out for the
LITTLE THINGS~

Marla Grace said...

Love it! Sunny here, but highs low 20,enjoy!!!

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you Marla. In time you too will feel the warm air.