

It's garden time on the homestead. I have to say at this point everything is growing beautiful. Much better than anything last year. I know that has so much to do with rain fall. Last year we didn't have enough and this year we have had too much. Thankfully our ground does not stay wet too long. We live in a nice high area. The rain just drains off. Here hoping I will have photographs of potatoes to share with you soon. More than the fresh green veggies, I enjoy the family memories made in garden simplicity. There is just something extremely grounded about gardening. Life stands still long enough to get your hands in the dirt.
What about you? Are you planting this year as well?
Thanking the Lord for this time in our lives~






9 comments:
Totally agree! Gardening can be such a special family "thing."
Our garden is doing much better this year too. We had a long dry spell early on and it was a terrible year last year. Our potatoes are just sprouting up, but we have already harvested lettuce, asparagus and broccoli. Cabbage should not be too far behind and we are in Virginia so we may be a little behind you all.
I agree, there is something so special about getting in the dirt together as a family. Simplicity and togetherness at it's best.
Love,
Amanda
Diana- Yes, it really it. Thank you for stopping in. Love my bloggy friends.
Amanda, I always love your comments~ We live so much the same! Thank you for stopping in.
We hope to start a garden next year. There has been {and continues to be} so much to be done around the house to get the ground cleaned up after house building and moving, that it was an overwhelming thought this year :)
Looks like some very special time together!
We're movin this year in June - so no garden:(
Wow - how lucky you are to have such a great piece of land for vegetable gardening!
Right now, I have a few Winter seeds planted...radishes and turnips mostly. Some carrots. We'll see how the frost goes :-)
Yes, We are blessed with great dirt. LOL
Thank you all for stopping in. Can't wait to go back abd see some of your gardens.
Gardening time is my favorite thing about Spring, I think. Well, that and hearing the owls and peepers again.
My seeds are still in sets all over the house and only salad greens are planted in the ground right now. Soon enough though- the snows melted and now as soon as the yard drains a bit, the onions potatoes and peas are going in!!! YAY!
Happy gardening to you :)
TJ that sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment