After years of trying to achieve a new habit, I rise early without much trouble. The trouble comes when I must force myself to go to bed before 11pm each night.
Why an Early Bird {wannabe}
As you have heard the early bird gets the worm, and in this case the early bird gets the quiet time needed to start her day. As well as that view! Isn't it amazing.
The perfect way to start my day is sitting on the front porch sipping on my coffee completely lost in our Lord and his gift of the sunrise. It is well worth losing my morning sleep to, as it is a perfect place to lift my morning prayer and Mass readings.
So what gets you going in the morning hours? Do you too find a quiet time to pray and read scripture? If so, tell me about it.My Morning Time with our Lord
A list of daily Catholic prayers I have prayed for as long as I can remember. Mass readings and personal prayer.
Reading the Bible
Since the Bible is not like other books, simply starting at the beginning to the end can be a challenge. Now I know some of you read Genesis to Revelation and find it wonderful.Others may find the books of Genesis and Exodus rather familiar and/or interesting, but may get confused by Leviticus, antsy in Numbers, and might quit even before finishing Deuteronomy.
As Christians, you might be tempted to skip the Old Testament and jump right into the Gospels. This is not the best approach. As the New testament fulfilled the old. We must take in all of it.
So what do you do? How do you read your Bible?
I enjoy reading the bible in the mornings {daily Mass reading}. Although many of us can not make it to Mass daily, we can search Mass readings online or sit and enjoy reading them straight from the Bible.
Living Faith
{Did you know, you can read through the Bible in 3 years by simply following the daily Mass readings? It is wonderfully true!}
I can not leave with out sharing the news of A Catholic mothers book of days.
It is a wonderful short read to top off your lengthy prayer time, as well as your speedy prayer time.
I know speedy prayer time must sound questionable.
We as devout wives and mothers know anything can be speedy as we help to raise our young family.
Desiring lengthy prayer time, I must remind myself each time I wipe a face clean or kiss a hurt knee I am serving my Lord.
On days that we must be speedy, A Catholic Mothers Book of Days is perfect.
Her daily scripture and inspiration stories of motherhood and faith are short but very good. {Meat and potatoes good}.

9 comments:
I need to develop some quiet-time routine... thanks for some good ideas for how to get started!
It seems we have similar morning routines. I rise early (am by nature an early riser), pray (making a morning offering) and read scripture. Then I read from In Conversation With God or some other spiritual book.
It is a good way to start the day!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...
Just got home from spending nearly 9 hours walking at Relay for Life, and this could not have been more perfectly timed! Thank you for a wonderful prayer to reflect on this morning, and for the wake-up call that I have been drifting away from Scripture reading and reflection with all of the chaos in my life lately. It's something I need to work on; I sincerely appreciate this post, because it reminds me of WHY the Bible is so important. Thank you!
Your photos are so peaceful and comforting. I admit my morning coffee helps me sneak out of bed before the rest of the household. Mornings are truly my favorite time of day and spending time in prayer and reading is a wonderful way to start.
Beautiful and you are too
Thank you all~
Love this post:) I especially loved the prayer at the beginning...I'm gonna have to remember this:)
Miss you and love you!
Miss and love you too. So happy you enjoyed the post my dear sweet friend in Chirst!
Love your sunrise pictures. I can almost feel your quiet time with the Lord.
Post a Comment