Sunday, January 8, 2012

Asking for Prayer Over My Sunshine Girl

   Sunshine is a stuffer. Showing her emotions to anyone other than me and sometimes her dad is almost impossible. Even when she is physically hurt, she hides and tries to pass it on her own.  She does not get this from me, when I was her age everyone around me knew I was sad or worried. I wore those feelings right on my shoulder.
  In this I have had to pray many nights over the correct approach to use with her.

She also does not like change and today her daddy has a new job with new hours, after working for the same place for the past eleven years {her whole life and them some}. Her home she has always lived in and wanted to live in forever is for sale. This is a lot of change.

Last month when she was talking back and acting out, I connected it to her age and thought this must be a stage we would work through.
I should have seen it.
With discipline, prayer and talks she was my Sunshine girl over night. 

Almost immediately she became a worrier, obsessing over her health.
Last week she did not feel well. She was running a very low fever and her stomach was upset. Just thinking she may end up getting sick,  she was screaming, breathing short fast breaths and asking why am I this person that is sick. I do not want to be sick.  Calming her down after a while of this anxiety , she never ended up getting sick.
From that day on she is obsessing, she curls in a will not eat or eats only a few bites and worries about the few she has eaten.  She is also all of the sudden worried she may get sick and die.  She says things like I do not want it to happen again.
I am doing my best to not make a fuss over it and move her back into her daily routine .
 At her play group yesterday she started wondering if her friends were sick and if she ended up sick "it" would happen again. Tonight at Mass, She said with tears of fear in her eyes " Momma, I keep wondering if this is the last time I will be a Mass".
 I believe Sunshine had an anxiety attack that day in the bathroom. As she is now worried she will eat something or become sick and have to feel this way again.
I also think this all may be coming from the change in her life.
As her mother, all I want to do is take it, fix it and see that carefree childhood upon her face. Please, join me in prayer for my Sunshine girl.

No comments: