Pumpkin Bread "This is a great old Maine recipe, moist and spicy. The bread actually tastes even better the day after it is baked. Great for holiday gift giving!" INGREDIENTS (Nutrition) 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree 4 eggs 1 cup vegetable oil 2/3 cup water 3 cups white sugar 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Sweet White Bread This recipe will give you two loaves of plain, sweet white bread that are quick and easy to make. INGREDIENTS (Nutrition) 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) 2/3 cup white sugar 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/4 cup vegetable oil 6 cups bread flour DIRECTIONS In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Happy Fall!!!

22 comments:
Wow... sounds YUM. I love pumpkins. Anything to do with pumpkins.
I'm hungry now... LOL
Michele
I have definite plans to make your sweet white bread for sure. I can't get canned pumpkin here in the U.K, though I have smuggled in a couple of cans for our own family Thanksgiving this year. LOL
oh, pumpkin bread. i have a can right now, and my house SO needs to smell better! but i'm not sure i'm up to fixing it right now. soon, i'll make my house smell like fall again!
I too am going to give the Sweet White bread a try...sounds good, especially with some warm soup, warm bread...sounds perfect.
I have a similiar recipe for pumpkin, but replace the oil with 1 Cup of applesauce..cuts the fat, but still as moist.
I am so going to make these both! Yummo!! And I am so glad you visited my blog...because I love yours!!! I am adding you to my link list - so we can be bloggy friends! Your kids are CA_UTE!!! Have a great day!!
Happy you all could use this~
ok seriously I've got to be a follower:)
LOL~ Thank you Bridget, Great to meet you
I love pumpkin bread! We were just getting ready to make pumpkin muffins today. :-)
Ooh thanks for the recipes! I will definitely make the pumpkin bread :)
Paula- Yummmy Well have to get together for some~
Yelena- Happy you could use it~
Paula- Yummmy Well have to get together for some~
Yelena- Happy you could use it~
YUMMMM!!! They both sound delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
Jill
Oh my goodness...I just got the recipe for pumpkin bread the other day...the exact same one...best friends think alike:)....I can't wait to make it. We'll have to make it together when we have our annual halloween party with us and the kids....mine have already been talkin about it:) Love you
Mmmmmm.... I have bread recipes that I love, but I am going to try these, too!! They sound delicious, and I can already imagine the smells wafting through the house. Mmmmmm
Liz, That is so neat! Love you and I cant wait to have our party~
Sun-kissed Scholars- Im happy you came back over~
I copied and pasted the Pumpkin bread recipe. Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Elle
GOOD! Im so happy you could use it~
WOW that recipe for the pumpkin bread looks devine! We are food shopping this morning...gonna have to put pumpkin puree on the list! Thanks 8)
Rainy day here--I think the kiddos and I will try making the pumpkin bread...although the sweet white bread sounds delish as well. Decisions, decisions! :)
Yum, yum yum!! I love Pumpkin Bread... but I do not have the perfect recipe for it yet! CAn't wait to try it!
I love strolling with the family! we mostly end up at the school track/field with our pup... kids chasing pup or playing soccer with daddy! sometimes we venture into town and stroll the lake... ;) good for the body and soul to enjoy God's world around us!
Im so happy you all could use this!
Post a Comment