Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A day in~

Allen's Aunt and Uncle came in to visit last week. Aunt Vickie always has treats for the kids. This time she brought in their own Christmas baggies along with a gingerbread house. The kids were very excited and so was I. It was great visiting with them. We all wish we could see them more often. Its hard living out of state but it does make each visit even sweeter. Today the kids and I finished up home school early leaving the rest of the day for baking bread and cookies. We decorated the gingerbread house and watched too many Christmas movies. When it comes to our gingerbread house the kids did a fabulous job decorating. I am the one that could not get the walls to stand up. It truly was a great day spent with my children. Thank you Lord for days as this...

14 comments:

Tobi said...

Making gingerbread houses and cookies reminds me so much of when I was growing up. We always made lots and lots of treats for Christmas. I can't wait to carry on this tradition with my kiddos during their break from school. More time to get messy!!

Diana Ferguson said...

Awesome times!!!!

Diana Ferguson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I never quite mastered the knack of making gingerbread houses. I wouldn't be a good architect because my houses always collapse in on me. good memories, though.

christschild said...

I love you Cat....Glad ya'll had a fun day together:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun- Allen

Jenilee said...

so fun! your pics are adorable and so festive! looks like your kids are having a wonderful Christmas. :)

Catherine Anne said...

Thanks for posting!!!

Taylor said...

They look so thrilled and happy, what a fun day. They are lucky to have such a fun and great Mom and wonderful Aunt!

Regan Family Farm said...

What a great day with the kiddos! The makings of many warm memories...
Kathy

Kathryn said...

"You look great!!!"

Thanks so much! Love your pics your kids are adorable! :)

Heart2Heart said...

The pictures alone make the memories worth more than words could ever explain!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

~Kathie~ said...

Looks like a very fun day spent with your kids! Love all the pictures!

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you all!