Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Fall Of The Year


Golden and red trees Nod to the soft breeze, As it whispers, "Winter is near;" And the brown leaves fall At the wind's loud call, For this is the Fall of the year.
Good-by, sweet flowers! Through bright Summer hours You have filled our hearts with cheer We shall miss you so, And yet you must go, For this is the Fall of the year.
Now the days grow cold, As the year grows old, And the meadows are brown and sere; Brave robin redbreast Has gone from his nest, For this is the Fall of the year.
I do softly pray At the close of day, That the little children, so dear, May as purely grow As the fleecy snow That follows the Fall of the year.
 I'm thanking the Lord for
This Years Fall Of The Year~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that poem! Thanks for sharing I am going to store it ready for Autumn (Fall). We are happily welcoming in Spring :)

Melissa N. said...

Such a lovely poem and of course awesome pictures of your blessings. Have a blessed day Catherine Anne.

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed the poem but more so the pics!!!

sara said...

What gorgeous pictures!!!!

Lara said...

Such precious pictures! And thanks for the poem; I am a fall lover!

Unknown said...

Oh that photo in black & white of the 3 kids is FABULOUS!!! Happy Fall! :D

Marla Grace said...

Love it!

Carrie... said...

Beautiful poem...even more beautiful children!

Elle Bee said...

What beautiful photos you took. I love them all.

Seizing My Day said...

Beautiful poem and wonderful Fall photo shoot! We try to do that each year... beat the rain Fall photos!! We are aiming for this weekend... we shall see if we beat the rain!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh, I love it too! And I love Fall! Gorgeous photos :)

Catherine Anne said...

Beat the rain! Wow, we have no rain at all. Everything is so DRY! Have not been able to burn in weeks. Enjoy the rain!

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you Thank you all so much!

The Jaracz Family said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you