Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Heart as a Mother~ Joy, Sadness, Trusting and Seeing.

  I love motherhood.
If you know me, you know this.

The day I held that tiny baby boy for the first time,
I changed.......
I became a mother.
 What a miracle it is to be part of God's creation.
What a gift to experience the love you feel for your child.
Life~  in the palm of my hands.
My cup completely overflowed. It continues overflowing still today.
Why am I writing about the day I became a mother?
Simply because, from that day on my heart has grown into the heart I carry today.
From the day and the moment I became someones mother I have felt the most amazing joy, along with that bursting love. A love that holds no found words. A gift like no other. Their laughter, their thoughts, their imaginations soring, their innocents and exploring.
As a mother I have also experienced the bitter sweet.
The fear, sadness and loss.
As mothers we feel pain when our children hurt.
We feel loss as they grow into someone older.
We feel fear of the unknown.
As a mother that has experienced miscarriage, I have  felt sadness, loss, longing, fear, anger and hurt.
 As a mother failing to conceive month after month I have felt heartache, disappointment, longing and sadness.
 As a child of God my lengthy journey has lead me to trust him in everything. In everything I feel, think and do.
Trust him with all of the emotions my heart contains.
So as I have said my heart has grown.
It has grown into the knowledge of my children not truly belonging to me. They are simply his. We are all his.
In this I understand that my life does not even belong to me.
My life is also my Lords.
 As I start my day, I pray.
 Lord, Here I am. I am yours. Lead me in the direction you need me. Help me to grow in you today. Thank you for this time with my children. Thank you for the gift of motherhood and thank you for my crosses. As I know my crosses lead me closer to you.  In this thank you for our blessings awaiting us along with you in heaven. Praying for us on our journey. Jesus, I trust in you!

My heart has moved to a place of understanding. To a place of trusting.  
The years of planning and longing for a large full family were thoughts created from our life being our own. Maybe the Lord did not intend for us to have a larger family than we do today.
If not, I am grateful.
If so, I am grateful.
The pressure and the emotions all subside when you make this realization.
Today, I am the mother of five beautiful blessings.
Two awaiting me in the arms of Christ, through miscarriage.
Three growing and thriving here on earth with us.
As we teach them daily holiness, so that we may all meet again in the arms of Christ.
Thank you Lord~

18 comments:

Amanda said...

Truly, a beautiful post.

I'm thankful that God has placed that peace within you about this that passes all understanding.

A real encouragement for me today.

Jeremi said...

thank you for the prayer, catherine anne -- i needed that this morning .....

have a wonderful day with your family!

JoyfulGrowing said...

Thank you. Your words are such worship and they encourage me to do the same. Bless you.

Gracie Parker said...

My heart breaks for you and rejoices with you in turn. I love you sweet mama.

Anonymous said...

Small Thanks for sharing. We have five sweet ones in Heaven, too. ((hugs))~ FB Lee Ann

Catherine Anne said...

I have one that I have lost and when I say that I have 3 children my heart always aches for that one. I like how you said it. Even though that baby wasn't with me long, I am still a Mother to 4.
~ FB Brooke White

Catherine Anne said...

Yes Brooke you most definitely are. Prayers that you find peace in your longing. Catherine

Anonymous said...

Thank you. At the time it is the most painful thing ever but it definitely brought me closer to God in the end and that was a blessing.
~FB~ Brooke

Anonymous said...

My angels and my dad in Heaven just make me long for it even more. ♥ We will all have some glorious reunions someday. ((hugs))
~FB Lee Ann

Anonymous said...

I just left a long comment, and i dont think it posted... I am not good at this from the ipod. To paraphrase, i will just say hugs sweet friend!!~ FB Maury D

Kimberly said...

This is such a heartfelt and beautiful post! I can relate to so much of what you write. And today, after an especially long day, thank you for reminding me that I have God to thank for all of my blessings.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

This was so beautiful, friend. I pray he sees the desires of your heart and that he blesses you abundantly. So much so...that he shocks you with his sweetness. HUGS

Adriana@ClassicalQuest said...

Just discovered that I am expecting #5. I'm starting to experience the fatigue and nausea that I always have in my first tri-mester. Your post is such an encouragement!
I know this phase is very short compared to the big picture. Thank you for reminding me to look ahead to that life-changing experiece of holding my new little one for the first time.

Gae said...

Dear Catherine Anne,
I am sorry for your pain.
Prayers for your ability to sahre this pain with others and for your own prayers to be granted
God Bless
Gae

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you all~

christschild said...

Simply Beautiful~
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Lynn B said...

Your beautiful post gives me chills... I miscarried twins (again) on May 16 and 17. Age has given me some resignation, but I need to reach higher to a place of real trust as well. I am so glad I came back here to read. So sorry for your losses, Catherine. At the same time I'm rejoicing in your beautiful spirit and the knowledge that we will both embrace ALL of our babies together one day. God bless you.